Wills & Estates Lawyers in Centennial
Colorado Estate Plans Tailored to Your Needs
Estate plans offer valuable benefits to anyone with property and assets that they wish to pass on to family members and other beneficiaries. These plans offer instructions that allow you to remain in control of how your estate is handled as well as instructions concerning your own health, medical care, and finances in the face of incapacity. Estate plans are made up of key legal documents that outline your wishes in regards to these matters and lay out a course of action for many types of contingencies that can arise in life.
At the Law Office of Alexandra White, PC, our Centennial estate planning lawyers can create a will, trust, or comprehensive estate plan tailored to your unique circumstances, goals, and desires. Such a plan can give you peace of mind knowing that your heirs and beneficiaries will have clear instructions as to your wishes in the event of your passing or incapacity.
We are providing a limited-time discount to people over 65 and people working in medical fields. Please contact us for more information!
Need a will, trust, or estate plan? Call us at (720) 571-1899 or contact us online to arrange for a free, initial consultation.
The Mechanics of a Comprehensive Estate Plan
The documents and tools of estate planning include:
- Wills – A last will and testament, which will specify how your assets and property are to be distributed and can designate a trusted guardian for your minor children as well as someone to manage any assets on their behalf.
- Trusts – A revocable trust, in which your assets will be placed into a separate legal entity for distribution.
- Powers of Attorney – These can be used to designate someone to act as your agent in regards to both financial and medical matters.
- Advanced Healthcare Directives – These specify what type of medical care you wish to receive or not receive should you be unable to express yourself. Healthcare directives can specify whether you wish life-prolonging medical interventions in end-of-life situations.
The Probate Process in Colorado
Probate is the legal process in which a Wyoming court settles the estate of the recently deceased.
Estate plans provide a road map for your family which can sometimes help them avoid the fees, taxes, uncertainty, and time-consuming process of probate. Additionally, an estate plan may help beneficiaries avoid the stress of family and courtroom conflicts, and other complications that can arise without a clear guideline as to how you wish your estate to be handled. In this regard, estate plans are proactive, allowing you to remain in control even after you are gone.
Probate often includes:
- Filing the deceased's will with a Wyoming court
- Inventorying the deceased's estate property
- Appraising the property
- Paying off any outstanding estate debts
- Proving the validity of the will
- Distributing the estate according to will directives
Contact a Wills and Trusts Attorney in Centennial, CO
No matter the size or complication of your estate, the Law Office of Alexandra White, PC can ensure that you have a plan in place that will meet all of your needs and preserve your wishes.
Talk to a Centennial estate planning attorney at (720) 571-1899 today to discuss wills, trusts, and more.