Family Lawyers in Centennial, CO
Personalized Solutions for Your Legal Concerns
At the Law Office of Alexandra White, PC, our clients often come to us overwhelmed and emotional. Our family law attorneys in Centennial focus on our clients' best interests and create customized strategies to find the best resolution. By combining professionalism with aggression, we are able to provide each client with strong, dedicated representation.
Helping Clients Navigate Highly Personal Family Matters
No matter the family matter you are dealing with, our family law lawyers can guide you through the process, making the well-being of your family a priority.
Our practice areas include:
- Child custody: Child custody, recently renamed “parenting responsibilities,” calls coparents to consider the individual roles they will play in their child’s life. Our lawyers will help you review your options and fight for a joint or sole custody decision based on your case, your wishes, and your child’s needs.
- Child support: We are dedicated to helping custodial parents receive the financial assistance they need to properly care for their child. Whether you need help establishing, modifying, or enforcing payments, our lawyers are available to serve as your responsive advocate.
- Common law marriage: Even if you and your partner forewent the formal wedding ceremony and instead opted for a common law union, you may still face the same legal challenges as standard marriage if you pursue a divorce. Our attorneys can help you regardless.
- Conservatorship and Guardianship: When an adult becomes incapacitated due to injury or illness and that person can longer make decisions for themselves, the Colorado probate court may appoint a guardian or conservator to make decisions on that person’s behalf.
- Divorce: Our attorneys provide comprehensive assistance throughout your entire divorce process. We will help you overcome whatever you encounter as you transition back into single life.
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence is a serious conviction that our firm is ready to handle tactfully and with discretion. The Law Office of Alexandra White, PC has the experience and skill necessary to effectively work your case whether you are a victim of abuse or have been accused of assault.
- Marital agreements: Prenuptial agreements, and the less-acknowledged postnuptial agreements, outline how a married couple will settle assets and finances should they experience a divorce or death. We will help you draft a protective document that accounts for all of your property. Additionally, our lawyers will provide counsel to understand the matters these agreements cannot address, such as child custody or child support, and help you take other steps to protect those aspects of your life through other avenues.
- Paternity: Establishing paternity is important to recognize and preserve a father’s rights, make a mother eligible for necessary assistance, and bring a father-figure into a child’s life. Protect your child and your rights as a parent by working with our paternity attorneys.
- Post-decree divorce modifications: Life happens. Our lawyers can help you address any substantial changes in circumstance, such as job loss, diagnosis of a medical condition, and more, and change your divorce decisions accordingly. We can help you adjust your child support, visitation or custody agreement, and alimony when your previous agreement is unmaintainable.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial: Whether you are already married or plan to get married, creating a marital agreement can benefit you and your spouse. Although people tend to think of them as romance killers, the fact is that working on this important document with your partner can help you develop a better understanding of what matters most to both of you.
- Property division: When the time comes to deconstruct the life you and your spouse have built together, the division of property can be a point of contention. Luckily, our team can help you approach this separation process outside of the court to reach an agreement on the designation of assets and debts.
- Spousal support: Spousal support, spousal maintenance, and alimony are synonymous terms describing routine payments to or from your ex. These payments, either agreed upon by the couple or decided by the court ruling on the divorce, offer a spouse with less access to wealth and earning potential the ability to maintain a similar quality of life as they had become accustomed to in the marriage.
- Stepparent and second-parent adoption: The Law Office of Alexandra White, PC offers a range of services to protect your family and even expand it. If your partner already has custody of a child, we can help you formally adopt them so you too may have legal rights to remain in their life. Our lawyers offer advice and guidance throughout the entire process.
- Visitation: Parenting time is imperative in the quest to build and preserve a strong bond with one’s child. Trust our attorneys to help you establish visitation agreements that protect your place in your child’s life.
Let Us Start Helping You Today
We are here to answer your questions, guide you through your options and help you move forward. Our family law attorneys serve Centennial, Denver, Boulder, and the surrounding areas.