Everyone has questions about the divorce process they are about to embark upon. A divorce can have a significant impact on many areas of your life and your children's lives. It is important to talk to an experienced attorney if you have concerns about any aspect of your divorce.
At the Law Office of Alexandra White, PC, in Centennial, Colorado, we provide knowledgeable, supportive representation in divorce cases. We can answer your questions and help you resolve your divorce case as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce
As a law firm that concentrates on family law, we are asked certain questions on a regular basis. You may be wondering:
- When should I file for divorce?
- How much will the divorce cost me?
- What might be the difference in cost if the divorce goes to trial (litigated) instead of being settled out of court?
- How long will the divorce process take?
- Do I need to appear in court to get divorced?
- Is Colorado a 50-50 state for parenting time (visitation)?
- How can I resolve my custody case without engaging in a battle?
- At what age can a child choose which parent he or she wants to live with?
- How can I change what is in my divorce decree?
- How much will I have to pay in spousal support?
- How much alimony can I expect to receive? Is it better to receive a lump sum?
- What do I need to establish a civil protection order? What kind of circumstances would constitute grounds for a protective order?
Every family law case is different. This divorce FAQ page is not intended to provide legal advice, and it cannot answer specific questions about your situation.
Contact Us Today For A Phone Consultation
Facing the end of a marriage can be a scary, painful experience. Talk to a lawyer if you need legal guidance. Contact the Law Office of Alexandra White, PC, for a phone consultation about your case. Read our blog to learn more about divorce-related topics.